Tuesday, January 3, 2012

December Service Stories


As December is coming to an end, I look forward to the end of finals and getting to go home and relax with friends and family.  One of the highlights of going home is spending time with my "little sister" Passion. Two years ago, I volunteered at my local Boys and Girls Club. During this time, I met a young mother during my time of service and developed a close relationship with her daughter. We have kept in contact for the past two years and I make it a point to see her every time I am at home on break. Mentoring Passion over the past two years has taught me a lot about myself and serving my community. While I hope to develop a long term relationship with all the children that I mentor, I realize that this is something that I cannot force and it has to happen naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment